Old Town Hall & Masonic Lodge


Old Town Hall & Masonic Lodge photo of Old Town Hall & Masonic Lodge
The village of Lexington and the local Masonic Lodge combined their efforts and finances to build this three-story Italianate structure in 1876. The village owned the first two floors (the fire department and the opera house); the Masons, the third floor. The Masons maintained the roof, except for the fire bell's cupola. Village government remained here until 1982, when a new hall was erected. Restoration of the building to house retail shops began in 1986.
 

Registered Site L0997
Erected 1987

Location: 5475 Main
Lexington, Sanilac County

Topics:
Clubs and Organizations


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.268793 W82.531041
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.