Lemuel Botsford House


Lemuel Botsford House photo of Lemuel Botsford House
Lemuel and Lucy Botsford were Quakers. From Salisbury, Connecticut, they moved to Lyons, New York, and in 1836 to Farmington's Quaker settlement. In 1837 the Botsfords built this Greek Revival house on what became known as Botsford Hill. The house was on a 240-acre working farm. Their son Milton built an identical residence on the other side of the valley. Milton, the oldest of their ten children was owner and proprietor of the Botsford Inn, Michigan's oldest continuously operating inn.
 

Registered Site L0955
Erected 1988

Location: 24414 Farmington Road
Farmington Hills, Oakland County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.471599 W83.375893
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.