Witch's Hat Depot


Witch's Hat Depot photo of Witch
In the late nineteenth centruy, the community of South Lyon was served by three rail lines operating from the 1871 Pere Marquette depot, which burned in 1908. By the time this one-story Queen Anne depot was erected by the Grand Trunk Western railroad system in 1909, only two lines came to South Lyon. Featuring a rounded front and a conical roof, the wood-frame structure served as a passenger station until 1955. The City of South Lyon acquired the depot in 1975 and in 1976 moved it to this site. In 1981 the station began its service as the Witch's Hat Depot Museum and an community center.
 

Registered Site L0943
Erected 1984

Location: 300 Dorothy Street
South Lyon, Oakland County

Topics:
Museums
Transportation


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.454493 W83.654099
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.