Methodist Episcopal Church of Highland Station


Methodist Episcopal Church of Highland Station photo of Methodist Episcopal Church of Highland Station
Highland's Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1865. Lester and George St. John built this structure in 1886 on three lots donated by J. B. and Betsy Crouse. In 1946 the former Hickory Ridge School, was added to the Victorian church with the south portion completed in 1957. The township purchased the building in 1980 and meticulously renovated and expanded it, repeating the Venetian glass insets in the oriel windows and the ornate scroll-saw trim of the original. It was rededicated as a library in 1982.
 

Registered Site L0902
Erected 1988

Location: 205 West Livingston
Highland, Oakland County

Topics:
Methodist Episcopal Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.637904 W83.6193
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.