Lansing Fire Station No. 8

Lansing Fire Station No. 8 photo of Lansing Fire Station No. 8
Lansing architects Bowd-Munson Company designed Fire Station No. 8, which opened in June 1931. The firehall was built by the H. G. Christman Company. Firefighters lived in the upper two floors, and the community used a large room in the basement for weddings, meetings and voting. In 1977 the city sold the building to the Lansing Civic Players Guild. The troupe renovated the structure that year in time for its forty-ninth season.

Registered Site L0864
Erected 1997

Location: 2300 E. Michigan Avenue
Lansing, Ingham County

Public Buildings

Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
N42.733594 W84.518656
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.