Cadillac Carnegie Library


Cadillac Carnegie Library photo of Cadillac Carnegie Library
Constructed with the joint support of an Andrew Carnegie grant and the Cadillac Literary Society, this Classical Revival style building was completed at a cost of $30,000 in 1906. Built in land donated by Jacob and Wellington Cummer, it served as a public library until 1969. The structure housed the Cadillac Police Department for eight years before becoming the Wexford County Historical Society Museum in 1977. In 1978 the historical society began restoring the library to its original appearance.
 

Registered Site L0856
Erected 1982

Location: 127 Beech St.
Cadillac, Wexford County

Topics:
Museums
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N44.25121 W85.399498
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.