Brooklyn Presbyterian Church


Brooklyn Presbyterian Church photo of Brooklyn Presbyterian Church
Thirteen lay members founded the First Presbyterian Church of Brooklyn in 1838. The Reverend C.W. Gurney became the church's first installed pastor in 1841. Dedicatory services for the church were held on October 7, 1845. Built of hand-hewn beams and pegged timber, this is the oldest church building in Brooklyn. The original simple Greek Revival structure with its square belfry measured forty by sixty feet. The church was remodeled in 1901 and enlarged twice in subsequent years.
 

Registered Site L0853
Erected 1982

Location: 160 North Main Street
Brooklyn, Jackson County

Topics:
Presbyterian Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.107214 W84.247798
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.