Cascade Christian Church


Cascade Christian Church photo of Cascade Christian Church
Established in 1864, the Cascade Christian Church is the oldest of its brotherhood in Kent County. Alfred Stow and his parents, Zebulon and Edytha, who settled in the area in the early 1860s, led the efforts to organize the church. The Stows had also been instrumental in founding a Christian church in Summit County, Ohio. In 1864 they invited a friend, Elder Alanson Wilcox, to the area to preach. Through his efforts, the church was founded with sixteen charter members. At the time of the church's centennial, in 1964, the membership numbered over four hundred. The present church structure was completed in 1965. The original church is still used for Sunday services, weddings funerals and group gatherings.
 

Registered Site L0852
Erected 1981

Location: Cascade Road and 28th Street
Cascade Township, Kent County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.9129770 W85.4984700
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.