St. Michael and All Angels Church


St. Michael and All Angels Church photo of St. Michael and All Angels Church
The Reverend William Narcissus Lyster founded St. Michael and All Angels Church in 1843. One of only four Episcopal clergy at the time. Lyster established several churches in the area. In 1855 the Right Reverend Samuel A. McCroskry, the first Episcopal bishop of Michigan, laid the cornerstone of this Gothic Revival church, which was dedicated on October 31, 1858. Cambridge Township's earliest settlers, including tavern-keepers Sylvester and Lucy Walker attended this church. St. Michael and All Angels Church. and the adjacent Cambridge Township Cemetery, begun in 1838, are listed in the National Register of Historic Places
 

Registered Site L0836
Erected 2008

Location: 11646 Old Monroe Pike
Cambridge Junction, Lenawee County

Topics:
Episcopal Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.055629991 W84.21892225
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.