St. John's United Church of Christ

St. John's United Church of Christ photo of St. John
St. John's congregation was organized by German immigrants in 1864. The original wood-frame structure was erected here in 1869-70 at a cost of $5,000. In 1904 it was enlarged and extensively remodeled to create this Romanesque-inspired structure with its handsome stained glass windows. The church still has it original 1869-70 steeple. St. John's is the oldest congregation of German origin in Port Huron and its church is the oldest house of worship in the city.

Registered Site L0796
Erected 1980

Location: 710 Pine Street
Port Huron, Saint Clair County

Churches and Religious Buildings

Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
N42.973333 W82.427500
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.