Pioneer Bank


Pioneer Bank photo of Pioneer Bank
Pioneer Bank was founded in 1885 as a state bank, and reorginized in 1889. President Frederick Howard, Vice President Albert Sholes and Cashier Charles W. Ballard were bank officers. In !903 this lot was purchased from Sholes, and soon after the board selected Bay City architects Clark & Munger to design new offices. A bank was partially constructed, but it burned before completion. The present classical-inspired structure replaced the original and opened in 1906. In 1982 the bank was listed in the National Registed of Historic Places.
 

Registered Site L0752
Erected 1991

Location: 4046 Huron St. (M-90)
North Branch, Lapeer County

Topics:
Commercial Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.2292811 W83.1947314
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.