Wellman General Store


Wellman General Store photo of Wellman General Store
This triple-brick Victorian-style structure, built in 1886 by Newton Sears and Milford Tanner, exemplifies small town midwestern general stores of the 1880s. In 1891, Ernest Wellman and his mother bought out Tanner's interest. The following year, Ernest married Hattie Tripp. The couple ran the general store for thirty-seven years. Under later ownership, the store was associated with the Red and White grocery chain.
 

Registered Site L0740
Erected 1974

Location: 205 Main Street
Horton, Jackson County

Topics:
Commercial Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.150247 W84.521266
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.