Morris Chapel Church


Morris Chapel Church photo of Morris Chapel Church
The local Methodist Episcopal Society, the oldest Methodist society in Berrien Township, was organized in 1840. In 1846 it voted to name its church in honor of Bishop Thomas A. Morris, then head of the Methodist Episcopal Church in Michigan. This church, the congregation's second home was built in 1867. In 1919 the basement was completed for community and social gatherings. Jessie Shilliday and Mattie Barnd bequeathed money for renovating both the exterior and interior of the church.
 

Registered Site L0732
Erected 1981

Location: Pucker Street and Chapel Road
Niles, Berrien County

Topics:
Methodist Episcopal Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N41.90605 W86.24738
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.