First Congregational Church


First Congregational Church photo of First Congregational Church
This red-brick stone-faced structure was built in 1879 by Samuel Hopkins on land donated by his son William. Founded in 1833, its congregation is the oldest continuing one in St. Clair County. The church's 66-foot clock tower with its four back-lighted clock faces is visible from the Canadian shore. It appears on navigation charts of the St. Clair River and has long been the city clock.
 

Registered Site L0712
Erected 1981

Location: 300 Adams Behind Riverview Plaza
St. Clair, Saint Clair County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.824687 W82.487712
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.