Tyrone Township Hall


Tyrone Township Hall photo of Tyrone Township Hall
Tyrone Township was settled in 1834, and Joseph M. Becker was elected as the first township supervisor in 1838. Township meetings were held in the homes of the townsfolk until 1887, when this hall was erected on Hartland Road at a cost of $640. Locally referred to as the town house, it served as a gathering place for township business, elections and 4-H activities until a new hall was constructed in 1967. In 1975, as a bicentennial project, the town house was relocated, restored and rededicated on this site.
 

Registered Site L0704
Erected 1980

Location: 10408 Center Road
Tyrone Township, Livingston County

Topics:
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.7368989 W83.7492781
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.