Carlton Township Hall


Carlton Township Hall photo of Carlton Township Hall
Receiving its name from Carlton Township in western New York, this area was settled in 1836 by Samuel Wickham and George Fuller. The township was formally organized in 1842. This structure, built in 1867, is recognized by the Michigan Township Association as the fourth oldest township hall in the state. A center of political and social activity, it is much the same as it was when it was completed and is still heated with a wood-burning stove.
 

Registered Site L0693
Erected 1981

Location: M-43 West of M-66
Carlton Township, Barry County

Topics:
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.7261140 W85.2518463
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.