Congregational Church


Congregational Church photo of Congregational Church
The First Congregational Church of Hersey was formally organized in 1870. Services were held in a local schoolhouse for three years. Delos A. Blodgett -- early explorer, prominent lumberman and first settler of the area -- donated the land and lumber for this church, which was built in 1873-74 at a cost of $3,000. It features handsome leaded-glass windows and a pyramidal steeple. Michigan white pine graces both the exterior and interior, including a handmade pulpit.
 

Registered Site L0682
Erected 1980

Location: 216 South Main Street
Hersey, Osceola County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.848407 W85.444338
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.