Royal Oak Woman's Club


Royal Oak Woman's Club photo of Royal Oak Woman
Erected in 1839, this building was originally a small frame Baptist church. The village purchased it for a town hall in 1914 and used it for municipal purposes until 1923, when the Royal Oak Woman's Club acquired it. The club, founded in 1902 as a women's study group has relocated the structure twice. In 1923, when the building was remodeled as a tudor-style structure, a cobblestone fireplace was installed. This is the oldest building in the city of Royal Oak.
 

Registered Site L0679
Erected 1985

Location: 404 South Pleasant Street
Royal Oak, Oakland County

Topics:
Clubs and Organizations


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.4868165 W83.1512984
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.