Wooden Stone School


Wooden Stone School photo of Wooden Stone School
In 1850 the Reverend Robert Wooden built this school located in Cambridge School District No. 6. It is an example of early fieldstone construction, commonly found in the southern part of the Lower Peninsula. The school closed in 1955, and in 1979 was condemned by Cambridge Township. A group of citizens convinced the township to postpone demolition; in 1983 the site was deeded to the Wooden Old Stone School Association. The group restored the schoolhouse in 1989.
 

Registered Site L0672
Erected 1989

Location: Stephenson Road and Hawkins Highway
Onsted, Lenawee County

Topics:
Schools


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.01558 W84.22837
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.