St. Joseph's Catholic Church


St. Joseph's Catholic Church photo of St. Joseph
German immigrants desiring to practice Catholicism in their native language founded St. Joseph's parish in 1863. Father John G. Ehrenstrasser became the first pastor in 1863. This handsome brick and stone church, the second house of worship for this parish, was constructed at a cost of $30,000 and dedicated on October 13, 1879, by Bishop Casper H. Borgess. While St. Joseph's tranquil interior has seen several changes, its stately exterior has been altered only slightly in over a century.
 

Registered Site L0671
Erected 1980

Location: 415 Ormsby Street
Adrian, Lenawee County

Topics:
Catholic Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N41.899544 W84.026342
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.