Women's City Club of Detroit

Women's City Club of Detroit photo of Women
William B. Stratton designed this building for the Women's City Club of Detroit -- founded in 1919 "to promote a broad acquaintance among women" and to further civic and cultural activities. The club which grew to be one of the largest women's clubs in the world with a membership of over 8,000 in the 1930s occupied this building from 1924 to 1975. Mary Chase Perry Stratton's Pewabic tile is featured throughout.

Registered Site L0647
Erected 1980

Location: 2110 Park St.
Detroit, Wayne County

Clubs and Organizations

Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
N42.337069 W83.053051
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.