Little Stone Church


Little Stone Church photo of Little Stone Church
The Union Congregational Church, affectionately called Little Stone Church, was established in 1900 by eleven charter members. Local residents and summer visitors donated funds for its construction. The cornerstone was laid on August 2, 1904. This structure was built of Mackinac Island stones in an eclectic Gothic style. Its handsome stained glass windows, installed in 1914, tell the story of the Protestant movement on the Island. Open only during the summer, this church has been a landmark to visitors and a popular wedding site.
 

Registered Site L0644
Erected 1978

Location: Cadott Street
Mackinac Island, Mackinac County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N45.8486778 W84.6220421
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.