Township Hall


Township Hall photo of Township Hall
Avon Township, the site of the first settlement in Oakland County, was organized in 1835. This white clapboard building was erected in 1880 as the township hall. Its alterations reflect the area's industrial and commercial growth. Initially constructed as a single story building, the hall was enlarged by raising the roof eight feet and adding a second story in the early 1830s. In 1962 a north wing was also constructed. Avon Township hall is one of the few public structures built prior to 1900 that still stands in Oakland County.
 

Registered Site L0642
Erected 1980

Location: 407 Pine Street
Rochester, Oakland County

Topics:
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.680821 W83.136187
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.