Bigelow-Kuhn-Thomas House


Bigelow-Kuhn-Thomas House photo of Bigelow-Kuhn-Thomas House
By 1986 this Greek Revival house was the only privately-owned pre-Civil War house still used as a residence in East Lansing. Horace Bigelow (c. 1822-1891) built it in 1849. According to the 1874 Atlas of Ingham County, Bigelow was "a farmer, stock and wool grower, and a breeder of Essex hogs," He was also a member of the Marble School Board. His daughter, Jennie Kuhn (1853-1925), long-time secretary of the Marble School Board, lived in the house all of her life.
 

Registered Site L0629
Erected 1987

Location: 334 North Hagadorn Rd
East Lansing, Ingham County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.734678 W84.46222
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.