Ford Motor Company


Ford Motor Company photo of Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company was incorporated as an automobile manufacturer on June 16, 1903. The articles of incorporation were drawn up and signed in the office of Alexander Y. Malcolmson, who operated a coal yard once located on this site. Henry Ford gave the company its name and designed its first product, the 1903 Model A. The purpose of the company was to manufacture and sell motor cars and related parts. In addition to Ford and Malcolmson, the original stockholders included other figures important in the history of Detroit: John S. Gray, John F. Dodge, Horace E. Dodge, Albert Strelow, Vernon C. Fry, Charles H. Bennett, Horace H. Rackham, John W. Anderson, James Couzens, and Charles J. Woodall. Over the past seventy-five years the Ford Motor Company has become one of the leading auto producers of the world.
 

Ford Motor Company marker in Hart Plaza with Dodge Fountain, Ford Auditorium, and General Motors World Headquarters in the in the background.

Registered Site L0594
Erected 1978

Location: Hart Plaza
Detroit, Wayne County

Topics:
Auto Industry


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.326921 W83.044471
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.