White Oak Twp Hall


White Oak Twp Hall photo of White Oak Twp Hall
The settlements of White Oak, Ingham, Wheatfield and Leroy were organized as Ingham Township by the state legislature on March 11, 1837. On April 2, 1837, the first township meeting was held at the home of Caleb Carr. White Oak separated from Ingham Township and organized on March 21, 1839. Daniel Dutcher hosted the first meeting of the new township at his home. Until the erection of this hall in 1877, townspeople held meetings in their homes. This building is dedicated to those pioneers who established White Oak Township.
 

Registered Site L0531
Erected 1978

Location: 1002 South Stockbridge Road
White Oak Township, Ingham County

Topics:
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.551391 W84.191684
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.