Grosse Pointe Academy


Grosse Pointe Academy photo of Grosse Pointe Academy
Owned by the Religious of the Sacred Heart from 1867-1969, this site is now an independent school. The narrow shape of the property reflects its original use as a French "ribbon farm" extending inland from Lake St. Clair. Situated at the Grosse Pointe Academy are an 1868 structure initially used as a public school for village children; the present Academy building erected in 1929; and a place of worship modeled after a French convent chapel. Each of these edifices is still in use.
 

Registered Site L0523
Erected 1977

Location: 171 Lake Shore Drive
Grosse Pte Farms, Wayne County

Topics:
Schools


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.3960797 W82.8926932
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.