Barn Church


Barn Church photo of Barn Church
Built by William Lake as a dairy barn in 1912, this structure is now a church. At one time the electric interurban railway ran past this barn and picked up milk cans gathered from surrounding farms. After the Presbyterian Church purchased the building in 1928, they removed the silo and added a steeple and an appropriate entranceway. Thus the barn was adapted as a church with the hay loft becoming the chancel. The massive yet graceful lines of the former barn, now a Unitarian church, befit the spirit of a traditional house of worship.
 

Registered Site L0507
Erected 1978

Location: 4230 Livernois
Troy, Oakland County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.580924 W83.148267
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.