Clinton United Methodist Church


Clinton United Methodist Church photo of Clinton United Methodist Church
Here stands Michigan's oldest Methodist church building in continual use. In 1835 members of the Methodist Episcopal Church of Clinton purchased this land. They began construction in 1837 and by 1843 raised sufficient funds for the completion of this church with its thick brick walls and German stained glass windows. In 1897 the tower was added; twenty years later the north wing was built. This pioneer church remains an inspiriation to Methodists throughout the state.
 

Registered Site L0506
Erected 1977

Location: Tecumseh and Church streets
Clinton, Lenawee County

Topics:
Methodist Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.07129 W83.97117
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.