Kimball House Museum

Kimball House Museum photo of Kimball House Museum
Three generations of doctors made this structure their home. The attractive Victorian house was built by Dr. Arthur H. Kimball in 1886. Kimball, a city health official, came to this area in 1883. His son, Arthur S. Kimball, became Battle Creek's first pediatrician, founded the local chapter of the American Red Cross and established clinics for the poor. Arthur S. Kimball, Jr., gained national recognition for his work in the treatment of tuberculosis. In 1966, heirs of the Kimball family donated the property to the Junior League for use as a museum.

Registered Site L0469
Erected 1986

Location: 196 Capital Avenue
Battle Creek, Calhoun County

Historic Homes

Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
N42.315699 W85.188982
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.