Mills Community House


Mills Community House photo of Mills Community House
This building was a girls dormitory erected in 1909 for the Benzonia Academy. Named Mills Cottage in honor of the Reverend Harlow S. Mills, pastor of Benzonia Congregational Church from 1896 to 1916, it became property of that church when the Academy closed in 1918. Renamed Mills Community House, it hosts local gatherings and houses a public library. Its purposes are consistent with the educational and religious beliefs held by the town's early settlers.
 

See also: Bruce Catton


Registered Site L0468
Erected 1977

Location: 891 Michigan Avenue
Benzonia, Benzie County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N44.618812377 W86.09886431
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.