Blissfield Hotel


Blissfield Hotel photo of Blissfield Hotel
Located on the site of a log tavern constructed around 1839, this three-story brick hotel with semi-circular windows was built in 1875, fifty-one years after Blissfield was settled. William Drew built this structure and named it Drew's Hotel. The community held dances on the third floor as Drew's Music Hall. Called the Pennsylvania House at the turn of the century, this hotel was a popular gathering place for sports enthusiaists who fished on the nearby River Raisin. Later it became Coon's Tavern and is now called the Blissfield Hotel in which is located the Steam Inn. The village grew up around this intersection, first as an agricultural processing and trade center, then as a rail station on the Lake Shore & Michigan Railroad, and now as a major cattle shipping and feeding area.
 

Registered Site L0459
Erected 1977

Location: 102 West Adrian Street
Blissfield, Lenawee County

Topics:
Hotels and Inns


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N41.832665 W83.86293
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.