Opera House


Opera House photo of Opera House
Vermontville Opera House, completed in 1898, is still the main center of community activities. The two-story red brick structure with cutstone foundation, and an off-center tower over the front entrance, was constructed with funds solicited from the township and village. Stage plays, political events, social gatherings, and religious services have taken place here. L. Vern Slout and his players, one of Michigan's oldest tent companies gave first and last performances in this opera hall, now used in part as a public library.
 

Registered Site L0435
Erected 1978

Location: 219 South Main
Vermontville, Eaton County

Topics:
Theaters, Halls, and Arenas


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.627095242 W85.02462565
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.