National House


National House photo of National House
Erected by Andrew Mann in 1835, this structure is reported to be the first brick building in Calhoun County. National House was also known as Mann's Hotel. It served travelers passing through Marshall and hosted political and community gatherings. Over the years it has been called, among other names, the Acker House and Facey House. Its varied history includes use as a wagon and windmill factory. This two-story, low gabled building has been restored to its original appearance and use as an inn.
 

Registered Site L0434
Erected 1977

Location: 102 South Parkview
Marshall, Calhoun County

Topics:
Hotels and Inns


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.271657 W84.964871
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.