Stockbridge Town Hall

Stockbridge Town Hall Stockbridge Town Hall
Designed by Elijah E. Myers, the Stockbridge Town Hall was constructed by Mitter & Heuderlong in 1892. This stately Romanesque structure was built to house local township offices and a community center. In addition to local township business, the hall has also been the setting for lectures, musicals and numerous social gatherings. It was listed on the National Register of Historic places in 1980. A federal grant and local taxes provided the money for the massive restoration that was completed in 1982.
 


Other Buildings designed by Elijah E. Myers

Registered Site L0431
Erected 1987

Location: 123 South Clinton
Stockbridge, Ingham County


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.450913 W84.180105
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2012 James Brennan. All rights reserved.