St. Andrew's Episcopal Church


St. Andrew's Episcopal Church photo of St. Andrew
St. Andrew's Parish was organized in 1870, when Michigan's logging industry was flourishing. Among its early members were George Stearns, the mayor, and Thomas Lazell, the police magistrate. The simple white pine Gothic Revival church was built by the congregation, and dedicated on January 21, 1872. Part of the Western Michigan Diocese since 1874. St. Andrew's has served the Big Rapids community for over a century.
 

Registered Site L0414
Erected 1976

Location: 323 South State Street
Big Rapids, Mecosta County

Topics:
Episcopal Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.701252 W85.483964
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.