Grace Episcopal Church


Grace Episcopal Church photo of Grace Episcopal Church
The Episcopal Diocese of Michigan sent Edward Magee to Mount Clemens in 1849. The interest generated by this missionary visit culminated a year later when the Grace Episcopal congregation was formed. In December of that year Michigan's first Episcopal Bishop, the Right Reverend Samuel McCoskry, conducted services in the courthouse. Six members were confirmed and Magee was ordained. In 1870 this simple Gothic Revival church was built.
 

Registered Site L0412
Erected 1976

Location: 115 S. Main Street at Church Street
Mount Clemens, Macomb County

Topics:
Episcopal Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.593705 W82.879561
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.