Currier House

Currier House photo of Currier House
Frederick and Mary Currier built this house around 1854, inspired by Orson Fowler's A Home for All, which promoted the octagon form as a healthy place to live. The tall windows, which admit light and air and the five octagonal rooms reflect Fowler's philosophy. The Curriers came to Almont from New England in 1847. A Machinist by trade, Currier (1812 -1900) at one time owned farms and factories, and invested in banking and lumbering. The house is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.

Registered Site L0392a
Erected 2004

Location: 233 East St. Clair
Almont, Lapeer County

Historic Homes

Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
N42.9208106 W83.0422371
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.