Lake Superior State College


Lake Superior State College photo of Lake Superior State College
In 1946 the State of Michigan assumed control of New Fort Brady, and presented it to the Michigan College of Mining and Technology, now Michigan Technological University. The Houghton based school, forced to expand by the enrollment of returning veterans, adapted the old Army buildings to college classrooms, residence halls and offices. Not until 1964, with the completion of Crawford Hall, did the campus have a building constructed for educational purposes. The school's curriculum, which at first duplicated the main campus's engineering program was broadened. On January 1, 1970 the school became a separate and autonomous four year institution called Lake Superior State College.
 

Registered Site L0382
Erected 1976

Location: West Easterday Rd
Sault Ste. Marie, Chippewa County

Topics:
Colleges and Universities


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N46.4923432 W84.3632411
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.