Newton House


Newton House photo of Newton House
Designed by Christian Haefner in the 1860s, this house belonged to George Newton, a state legislator. The cupola, projecting eaves, and symmetrically grouped windows distinguish its architecture. This building is located in the 580 acre densely timbered Fred Russ Experimental Forest, which Michigan State University used as a forestry school after receiving it as a gift in 1942. The Cass County Historical Commission has restored this elegant structure.
 

Registered Site L0367
Erected 1977

Location: 10689 Marcellus Highway
Volinia Township, Cass County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.0119328 W85.9679317
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.