Michigan Central Railroad Depot


Michigan Central Railroad Depot photo of Michigan Central Railroad Depot
Built in 1886, and conceived by Frederick Spier, the design of this granite block building was influenced by the great American architect Henry Hobson Richardson. The massive two-foot thick walls are balanced by simple precise detailing. Carefully preserved, this depot is a symbol of the elegance and vitality of nineteenth century rail transportation.
 

Registered Site L0339
Erected 1976

Location: 401 Depot Street
Ann Arbor, Washtenaw County

Topics:
Transportation


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.287324 W83.742666
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.