Excelsior Town Hall


Excelsior Town Hall photo of Excelsior Town Hall
Twenty-five years after the township's organization in 1875. Excelsior's citizens decided to build a town hall. In 1901 they purchased this site from Edwin Wagenschutz for $100, and with plans costing only $7, erected this structure for $1085. The simple frame building continues to serve as the town hall. From 1907 to 1926 the hall also housed Excelsior High School, the first rural high school in Michigan established under the law of 1901.
 

Registered Site L0288
Erected 1974

Location: Cty Rd 571 and Wagenschutz Rd
Excelsior, Kalkaska County

Topics:
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N44.7276803 W85.0533628
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.