Wilson Barn


Wilson Barn photo of Wilson Barn
This barn was constructed in 1919 on the burnt-out foundation of an earlier structure built about 1888. It is a fine example of an increasingly rare bank barn style. Here on the farm owned and operated by his family since 1847, Ira Wilson built a million-dollar enterprise which grew from dairy farming, to delivery, to full creamery operations. By his death in 1944 the business had become "one of the district's leading creameries." Wilson also held several local elective offices.
 

Registered Site L0261
Erected 1974

Location: Middlebelt at West Chicago Road
Livonia, Wayne County

Topics:
Agriculture


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.3624820 W83.3320686
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.