Stewart House


Stewart House photo of Stewart House
This handsome L-shaped residence retains the characteristics of Greek Revival architecture and feature symmetrically placed windows flanked by distinctive pilaster trim. It was constructed in the 1840s by Daniel and Alexander Stewart who were associated with the Denton Mills, Centreville's famous maker of sleeping garments. Although passing through many hands, the house has remained with Frank Holtom's descendants since 1909 and has carried the name of "Lonelm Farms" for many years.
 

Registered Site L0248
Erected 1978

Location: M-86 at Holtom Rd
Centreville, Saint Joseph County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N41.9278249 W85.5656433
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.