Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd


Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd photo of Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd
On June 15,1858, The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd was organized; its parish was admitted into the Diocese of Michigan two years later. Built in 1866-1869, this Gothic structure was designed by Gordon W. Lloyd and first used for Divine Service on Palm Sunday, March 21, 1669. Bishop McCoskry performed the rite of consecration on April 8 of that same year. In 1886 the parishioners purchased the present tracker organ, which is still in use, and one of the few such organs left in this state today.
 

Registered Site L0243
Erected 1971

Location: 101 Walnut St.
Allegan, Allegan County

Topics:
Episcopal Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.527893 W85.85259
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.