Church of Christ


Church of Christ photo of Church of Christ
In 1856 the Reverend Isaac Errett organized Disciples of Christ congregations in Montrose (present-day Muir) and Lyons. Membership grew quickly, and in 1861 this church was built to serve Muir. The board-and-batten Gothic Revival exterior masks a simple meetinghouse interior. In 1881, Errett was the principal speaker at the funeral of his friend President James A. Garfield, who visited Muir in 1862. The Muir Church of Christ is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
 

Registered Site L0225
Erected 1993

Location: 138 Garden St. @ Liberty
Muir, Ionia County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.9994685 W84.9413108
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.