The Old Stone Barn


The Old Stone Barn photo of The Old Stone Barn
Built by William Prindle in 1857, this landmark served as a livery stable for over sixty years. It also saw brief use as a stagecoach stop for the lines connecting Coldwater and Lansing. By 1928 it had become an unsightly gas station. Purchased through the efforts of Mayor Harold C. Brooks, its conversion into a city hall by architect Howard Young was completed in time for Marshall's centennial celebration of 1930
 

Registered Site L0216
Erected 1973

Location: 323 West Michigan Avenue
Marshall, Calhoun County

Topics:
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.2714818 W84.9637126
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.