Lake Orion Methodist Church


Lake Orion Methodist Church photo of Lake Orion Methodist Church
Methodist missionaries preached here in the 1820s, and in 1833 a class was organized. Services were held in homes and schoolhouses, and in 1853 several denominations combined to build a union church. The cornerstone of the present building was laid in 1872, and the church was dedicated on June 14, 1873. Members donated time and materials to reduce the cost to $7,000. To escape a noisy railroad the church was moved to its present location in 1901.
 

Registered Site L0212
Erected 1972

Location: 140 East Flint Street
Lake Orion, Oakland County

Topics:
Methodist Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.7845748 W83.2378238
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.