White Rock School


White Rock School photo of White Rock School
Named after a boulder in Lake Huron that was used as a landmark in the Indian Treaty of 1807, the village was settled about 1860. Destroyed in the Great Fire of 1871, the town was soon rebuilt, including a schoolhouse. The present building was constructed in 1909. At that time twenty-five pupils attended, and the teacher was paid forty dollars a month. White Rock School continued in use until 1968. The Huron County Historical Society acquired the property in 1970 for a historical museum.
 

Registered Site L0202
Erected 1972

Location: White Rock Road east of M-25
White Rock, Huron County

Topics:
Museums
Schools


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.7097107 W82.6112651
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.