Delta Mills


Delta Mills photo of Delta Mills
Erastus S. Ingersoll settled here in 1836 and constructed a water-powered sawmill. A gristmill was added, and in 1840 a resident wrote that people came from twenty miles around to have their flour made. A school modeled after Oberlin college was chartered as the "Grand River Theological Seminary," but never opened. Platted as Grand River City in 1841, the village was commonly called Delta Mills after the township and main industry. The mill operated into the twentieth century.
 

Registered Site L0201
Erected 1972

Location: Delta Mills, Old River Trail
Delta Mills, Eaton County

Topics:
Cities and Towns


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.7609088 W84.6470403
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.